The Piper Report covers health reform, Medicare, and Medicaid, with articles, resources, primers, book reviews, and more.
Topics covered include:
- Affordable Care Act issues, including health insurance exchanges, coverage expansion, and insurance market regulation.
- Medicaid reform, policy, finance, coverage, reimbursement, and managed care.
- Medicare policy, finance, coverage, reimbursement, and care delivery – across Part A, Part B, Part C (Medicare Advantage), and Part D (prescription drug benefit).
- Health plan industry issues, particularly Medicaid managed care, Medicare Advantage, qualified health plans, integrated health plans for Medicare-Medicaid dual eligibles, and Medicaid managed long-term care.
- Pharmaceutical industry issues.
- Health policy issues affecting hospitals, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Innovations including payment reforms, care delivery reform, accountable care organizations, and medical homes.
- Other hot topics in federal and state health policy.